We need chaperones. This is an easy and fun trip to chaperone, please check your schedule and sign up!
Graduation Chaperones Needed - May 29th
The Wind Ensemble and Symphonic bands play together for the GBHS Graduation. We still need parent volunteers to chaperone the evening performance. Times are from 5:30 pm to approximately 10pm. Slots are available on Charms to sign up.
Thank you to the parents that attended the parent meeting on the 22nd! Please remember to enter/update your contact information in Charms. Charms can be linked through the Instrumental website. Enter your students ID number for access.
Please feel free to contact any of the Booster officers with any questions you may still have. Contact info is on the Instrumental website under Boosters.
Marching Band Paperwork Reminders
- All blue pages are due back by Friday, June 6, 2014
- The $100 nonrefundable Band Camp Deposit is required by Friday, June 6, 2014
- Students can drop off their blue pages/payments to the Band Room Scrip Box
- Deb Dixon is planning on being at the June 5 rehearsal starting at 5:30 so paperwork can be dropped off and to answer paperwork questions
- Please don’t forget the following in the paperwork:
- Complete insurance carrier/plan information if covered
- Complete the Immunization Record - we do not go into student school files to get any information
- Both the student and a parent must sign the Acknowledgement of Responsibility sheet
- There are 3 Ford Field Waiver sheets included in the packet
- Student copy - Student name up top, parent signature(s) and dated at the bottom, witnessed to the left
- Adult copy 1 - If you think you might be interested in and able to help volunteer for State Finals, sign and date the bottom and get a witness to sign to the left. Please read the Ford Field Waiver Form Instruction page for details
- Adult copy 2 - This is for a second adult volunteer
- Remember, on the Ford Field Waiver pages, witness signatures are required
- T-shirt order page - The marching band fee includes one (1) student show t-shirt. You can order additional shirts for your student or family members on this page. Payment for the additional shirts MUST be made when turning in the paperwork packet.
Due to still using the current school year Band Booster Budget, the checks coming in for Band Camp will not be able to be deposited into our account until July. We have all checks attached to the student paperwork until then. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
New Dinner Committee Chairs
Thank you to Mr. Stuck and Mrs. Hubbard for volunteering to chair the Dinner Committee! We very much look forward to working with you.
New Fundraising Committee
We have many fundraising activities throughout the year to help with Marching Band, the Day Bands, Auxiliary Bands, and individual student accounts. We are also looking at the possibility of new uniforms for Marching Band and the Day Bands. We are looking for motivated parents interested in helping with current fundraising events, and creating and implementing new events. If you are interested, please contact Deb Dixon at email@example.com .
Band Booster Spirit Wear
The Band Booster spirit wear is on sale! Many of you asked for a baseball cap, and it has been added. An order form will be emailed to you with a copy of the new flyer. Also, the flyer is on the Instrumental Dept. website. The clothing is also in Charms for those who would like to order that way.
Many of you know about Scrip. The process of selling cards from various retailers throughout our area. We purchase the cards at a discount and sell them at face value thus making a profit for our band!! Please see the Charms store for availability!! It’s easy to make a purchase online, send in the payment with your student, and the order will be filled the next day! Thank you for making Scrip a part of your weekly needs!! Our kids will really benefit from your purchases!!
This is a reminder that the band has spirit wear available in our Charms store! Several items are available for immediate purchase such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, scarves, travel coffee mugs, stickers, etc!! Please visit the Charms store to make your selections and show your support of the Grand Blanc Instrumental Music Department!!
We are also now offering Band Booster spirit wear for parents. Learn more at the Spring Concert.
We are also in need of someone willing to sell our merchandise at various concerts and events during the year!! If this is something that you’re interested in please let us know!! Please contact Kelly Wells if you would like to help!! 810-240-0585. Thank You!!
Band Discount Card Fundraiser
Even though the official sale has ended, there are still cards available to sell! Please see Mr. Hutchison if you would like to check more cards out to sell! After you have sold the first five cards, you can beginning earning a profit that will go directly into your Charms account!
Please be sure to update your Kroger Rewards
Thank you to everyone who has signed up for Kroger Rewards! What an easy fundraiser! Please remember to update your rewards info if you have not already done so.
Just go to , https://customer.kroger.com/login.aspx?EID=EDC_2012_ViewAccount and either create an account or login if you already have an account. Click on community, then click on “Kroger Community Rewards” over on the left. Just follow their instructions. Our Organization # is 90769, Grand Blanc High School Band Dept. Thanks again!