We started the Summer Practice Challenge to reward students for their practice accomplishments. We will continue with this again this summer. So … How does it work?
Below are the details that you need to know.
- For 5 weeks, you will enter your personal practice minutes into charms.
- We will add up YOUR practice minutes, divided your minutes by the number of members in your section, to get YOUR SECTION’S average practice minutes.
What is the reward?
- Most importantly, you will see yourself grow as a performer. This is the biggest reward!
- The SECTION with the highest average practice minutes for the week will be rewarded to be first in line at all meals at band camp. That section will go to the front of the line for meals at band camp. In addition, those members that participated for this week, will receive 1 “Director Points”. (More information on this to follow)
- Week one winners will have Monday meals, Week two winners will have Tuesday, etc.
Some important things to remember …
- You are competing as a individuals and as member of your section. Your weekly practice minutes will be divided by your entire sections to get the average. So what does that mean? If you do not enter minutes for the week, it is hurting your entire section! It is important that you do your part to help your section win!
- The week runs from Monday through Sunday. You can not go back and enter minutes from previous week.
- Encourage other members from your section to participate and enter minutes! Call, text, or email each other to make sure everyone is doing their part!
- YOU CAN COUNT SECTIONAL TIME AS YOUR PRACTICE TIME. This is big! Please remember to enter those times!
You can also keep track of your sections progress by going to the band website and clicking on SUMMER PRACTICE CHALLENGE. We will be updating this page almost on a daily basis so that you can see your sections progress. This page can be very helpful to see how close each section is to each other.
The Summer Practice Challenge officially started Today! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! May the best section WIN.