I hope you are all doing well, and I hope you are excited for Pre-Camp! This is a busy week for everyone while we do our final preparations for band camp. This email is meant as a reminder to you for everything happening this coming week.
Uniform fitting, shoe and glove sizing schedule:
2:30 to 4:00 New students whose last names begin with A-H.
4:30 to 5:30 Returning students whose last names begin with A-H.
2:30 to 4:00 New students whose last names begin with I-R.
4:30 to 5:30 Returning students whose last names begin with I-R.
2:30 to 4:00 New students whose last names begin with S-Z.
4:30 to 5:30 Returning students whose last names begin with S-Z.
If you are unable to attend your assigned day, please attend the other date.
*Shoes will be ordered at the end of this week. We will have shoes available to try on during uniform fitting.*
Winds, Guard and Percussion: 6:00-9:00pm
Be sure to check out the BAND WEBSITE for more information.
Throughout the week we will spend time reviewing material (music and marching) that we covered at spring rehearsals and summer sectionals, but a majority of the time will be spent learning new material. Not only do we plan to ensemble the opener (winds & percussion) we also plan to learn a few sets of drill as well! Please plan to be on time everyday and prepared to work. Any absence must be pre-approved by Mr. Hutchison or Mr. Goncz. From this point on, all marching band rehearsals are MANDATORY and part of your marching band GRADE.
- The BAND WEBSITE is the first place to go to for information.
- CHARMS is available to view your personal account
- TEXT REMINDERS are for students to get reminders sent to your phone.
- Woodwinds … text “@gbmbww” to 810-407-5452
- Brass … text “@gbmbbrass” to 810-407-5452
- Percussion text “@gbdrum” to 810-407-5452
- Color Guard … text “@gbguard” to 810-407-5452
- FACEBOOK is where we post major announcements
It’s going to be a GREAT SEASON! I can’t wait to see all of you on Monday!