Our band members have been working hard in ensemble rehearsals, sectionals and through individual practice to prepare this music for your entertainment and enjoyment. I know the students will give their best efforts as performers and hope that you, as audience members, will help provide the students with a true concert atmosphere.
In order to heighten the experience for you as a listener and for the students as performers, we'd like to remind you of the following points of concert etiquette:
- Plan to arrive on time. It is important that everyone is in his or her seat before the downbeat of the first selection. If you do happen to run a little late, please wait and enter the concert area between musical selections.
- Remain seated. If you find you must leave the concert area for some reason, please wait and do so only between selections.
- If bringing small children, sit near an exit. Small children often become restless during the course of the concert. By sitting near an exit you can minimize the distraction by slipping out as quietly as possible.
- Avoid extraneous noise. If your pager, cell phone or watch has an electronic alarm, please be sure it is turned off during the concert.
- Be courteous while taking pictures. Flash photography is discouraged while the students are performing.
As always, if I can answer any questions regarding our band program, feel free to contact me at 591-6102.
Mr. Corbin Hutchison
Director of Bands