MSBOA Band Festival
March 3rd - Flushing HS
Band is a unique class. A band is a gathering of instrumentalists, performing together as a group. Concerts and performances are considered the “final exam” of a musical chapter. In order for a concert to run smoothly and for everyone to get the most out of this important educational experience, certain guidelines must be met. For students to receive full credit for the concert, students are expected to follow the following guidelines:
1. Students will be dressed in the appropriate concert attire. If applicable, students should be in full uniform. Students will not be able to perform with the ensemble unless they are in the correct uniform.
2. Students will be dressed, instruments assembled, music gathered, and in their seat at their concert call time. Being late to a concert means the student was not in his/her seat, ready to go, at assigned time.
3. Students will behave in a manner that is appropriate in the concert setting. Inappropriate behavior, including improper warm-up, is not tolerated and could result in being prevented from performing.
4. Students are expected to stay for the entire concert. Even if the student has completed his/her portion of the concert, students are expected to stay and support, listen to, and evaluate other ensembles performing.
5. Students are expected to put equipment away after the performance. This includes instruments, music, stands, chairs, and uniforms.
Dear Family and Friends:
This letter is an invitation to you, your family and friends to attend our upcoming festival. On Saturday, March 5th, the Grand Blanc High School Bands will perform at the MSBOA BAND FESTIVAL. The concert will feature a variety of musical selections and admission to the concert is free.
Our band members have been working hard in ensemble rehearsals, sectionals and through individual practice to prepare this music for your entertainment and enjoyment. I know the students will give their best efforts as performers and hope that you, as audience members, will help provide the students with a true concert atmosphere.
As a reminder, this concert is REQUIRED for the students. As always, if I can answer any questions regarding our band program, feel free to contact me at 591-6102.
Mr. Corbin Hutchison
Director of Bands
1:25pm CONCERT BAND
10:55am SYMPHONIC BAND
2:45pm WIND ENSEMBLE
Uniforms are worn at all concerts and public events. Band members are expected to maintain a neat and clean appearance. Any appearance that causes undue attention to an individual will be dealt with by the band director and may result in the student not performing at the concert. No student will be allowed to perform without the proper uniform. All students will fill out a Uniform Responsibility Form before any uniform will be issued to the student.
Shirt: Black GBHS Polo Shirt
Pants: Plack Dress Pants. NO JEANS!
Footwear: Black Dress shoes and black socks.
Shirt: White tuxedo, bow tie and Vest
Pants: Black Dress Pants
Footwear: Black dress shoes and socks
Shirt: White tuxedo shirt, bowtie, and cummerbund, tuxedo jacket
Pants: Black tuxedo pants.
Shoes: Black dress shoes and black socks.
Ladies: Long black dress.
RIDE HOME RELEASE FORM
Parents are more than welcome to give their student a ride home after festival. Please fill out the form below, and have your student return it to his or her director, at least 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.